Interested in supporting economic development in SANDUSKY COUNTY? Join our team.
Sandusky County Economic Development Corporation (SCEDC) is located in Northwest Ohio. The SCEDC is known for being a nationally recognized (top 100 Site Selection Magazine) Micropolitan and for being a rural community economic development leader. The SCEDC is seeking an executive with this level of strategic leadership ability and economic development skills. This prestigious distinction is not something SCEDC takes lightly, and SCEDC strives to continue to improve services and efforts with a focus to provide a positive impact on the countywide business community and the NW Ohio Economic Region.
Job Description and Qualifications:
- Maintaining of records – Establish and maintain a filing system for all SCEDC records that include as follows: Available building and site information that is verified periodically and updated in SCEDC’s database; maintain statistical information for prospect inquiries including area major employers, union status, business directory, new and expanded businesses, profile data of Sandusky County, wage and traffic surveys, and any other required data needs; and review and edit documents.
- preparations for meetings – Prepare meeting notices to invitees and agendas for upcoming meetings. Keep board books up-to-date with minutes, agenda and financial reports. Attend meetings as required and record minutes. Following meeting, minutes must be written and ready for distribution before next meeting.
- COMPUTER MANAGEMENT – Software experience is required to generate letters, mailing lists, forms, etc. Development of spreadsheets necessary for recording of information. Assist in the installation and upgrade of software programs. Required software knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher would be a plus.
- Financial Management – Prepare necessary reports to ensure payment of invoices. Compile monthly income and expense information for accountant. Track income and expenses on spreadsheet and track account balances and report to the ED. Bill Investors in a timely manner as required by the terms of their agreement. Contributions received from the capital campaign posted and deposited in a timely manner. Thank you letters to be prepared for signature in a timely manner for any donations received. Preparation of IRS required documents at year-end for any business or individual for campaign contributions. Required software knowledge – QuickBooks (in office training will be provided).
- COMMUNICATION – Respond to walk-ins, incoming calls, email, and direct to the appropriate person. Provide general information to callers when appropriate. Regular contact with public, local officials, community leaders, elected officials, volunteers and board members on business-related matters. Coordinate with ED on information to provide to inquiries.
- PLANNING – Assist ED in the preparation of the annual budget for SCEDC. Assist in the development of new procedures and programs as required by the ED.
- OTHER – Assist in monitoring of office supplies for SCEDC. Operate and maintain the office equipment, along with the workplace in a neat and orderly manneR. Oversee office mail, shredding, answering of the office phones.
All candidates are required to have a vehicle and Ohio Drivers’ License.
All candidates will be required to complete Ohio Economic Development Association’s ED 101 Course 15 months after hire date. All arrangements will be handled through SCEDC along with all expenses connected to the course.
Office dress – business casual.